MORRISVILLE, North Carolina, August 18, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — JupiterOnethe industry’s leading provider of Cyber Asset Attack Surface Management (CAASM) technology, today announced that it has been named a sample provider for CAASM in the latest version of the Gartner Hype Cycle for Cyber Risk Management, 2022.
According to Gartner, “In 2022, the global risk landscape continues to be impacted by the current conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Russian invasion of Ukraine, labor shortages, worsening climate change and inflation. In particular, the rising rate of inflation and tight labor markets mean that organizations have to do more with fewer resources.”
The Gartner report notes that security and risk management (SRM) leaders continue to struggle to:
- “Positioning risk management as a decision-making practice. Either because of their rigid focus on framework-based controls or because of the inability to tailor their security and risk controls for individual projects
- Inform cyber and technology decisions in an ever-expanding operating ecosystem
- Obtain sufficient transparency in the assessment of environmental, social and governance risks and incidents, local and global.
- Mitigate global supply chain risks as these risks continue to form a web of complexity and volatility.
- Look for ways to automate and inform risk assessment with data-driven insights.”
One category of solutions that addresses these challenges is the Cyber Asset Attack Surface Management (CAASM) space, where solutions aggregate and track assets such as endpoints, servers, devices, and applications. By consolidating internal and external cyber assets, users can use queries to find gaps in coverage of security tools such as vulnerability assessment and endpoint detection and response (EDR) tools. JupiterOne pioneered a graphical approach to CAASM that allows customers to track and monitor IP addresses and analyze and map all intra-asset relationships.
As Gartner analysts explained, “CAASM enables security teams to improve baseline security hygiene by ensuring that security controls, security posture, and asset exposure are understood and Organizations that deploy CAASM reduce dependencies on internal systems and manual collection processes, and fix gaps either manually or through automated workflows Organizations can view security tool coverage, support attack surface management (ASM) processes and remediate systems of record that may contain outdated or missing data.
Drivers of CAASM adoption, according to Gartner, include:
- “Comprehensive visibility of all information technology (IT), Internet of Things (IoT) and operational technology (OT) assets under an organization’s control, which improves understanding of the data surface. attack and existing security control gaps or is part of a larger ASM deal.
- Faster audit compliance reporting with more accurate, up-to-date, and comprehensive asset and security control reports.
- Consolidation of existing products that collect asset and exposure information into a single, standardized view, reducing the need for manual processes or dependencies on in-house developed applications.
- Access to consolidated asset views for multiple people and teams within an organization, such as enterprise architects, security operations teams, and IT administrators, who can benefit from viewing and interrogation of consolidated asset inventories in order to achieve business objectives. »
The recent Gartner Cybersecurity Top Trends 2022 report cited “expanding the attack surface” as one of the top security trends of the year resulting from the growing digital footprint of modern organizations. According to the report, “A dramatic increase in the attack surface is emerging from changes in the use of digital systems, such as new hybrid working, accelerated use of the public cloud, more tightly interconnected supply chains, expansion of public-facing digital assets and increased use of operational technology. In our view, security leaders who reimagine cybersecurity function and technology architecture can better position their organizations to sustain and grow value in an increasingly agile, distributed and decentralized environment.
JupiterOne has been named a sample provider for CAASM in the latest version of the Gartner Hype Cycle for Security Operations, 2022. The report is available for free download from JupiterOne.
Additionally, Gartner has recognized JupiterOne as a Representative Vendor for CAASM in Innovation Insights for Attack Surface Management and as an Example Vendor in the Gartner Research Reports Hype Cycle for Workload and Network Security, 2022.
Erkang ZhengFounder and CEO of JupiterOne
“JupiterOne is honored to receive further recognition from Gartner. Today’s world is full of uncertainties, making it difficult to conduct business. More than ever, organizations need to prioritize security measures Security managers can gain valuable insights by tracking their assets and efficiently utilizing their resources Overall, organizations can make better data-driven business decisions while keeping risks in mind of security. “
- Blog: Gartner Shares Innovative Technology for Your Changing Attack Surface
- Resource: Gartner Hype Cycle for Security Operations, 2022 Andrew Davies, July 5, 2022
- Resource: Gartner, Top Cybersecurity Trends 2022, Peter Firstbrook, Sam Olyaei, pete shard, Katell Thielemann, Mary RuddyFelix Gaehtgens, Richard Addiscott, William Candrick, February 18, 2022.
- Resource: Gartner, Hype Cycle for Workload and Network Security, 2022, Charlie Winckless, July 27, 2022.
- Resource: Gartner, Hype Cycle for Cyber Risk Management, 2022, Jie Zhang, Deepti Gopal, July 27, 2022.
- Resource: Gartner, Innovation Insight for Attack Surface Management, Michael Schneider, John Watts, pete shard, March 24, 2022.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner and Hype Cycle are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
About Jupiter One
JupiterOne is a cyber asset attack surface management (CAASM) platform company that provides visibility and security across your entire universe of cyber assets. Using graphs and relationships, JupiterOne provides a contextual knowledge base for an organization’s cyber asset operations. With JupiterOne, teams can discover, monitor, understand and act on changes in their digital environments. Cloud resources, ephemeral devices, identities, entitlements, code, pull requests and more are collected, graphed and monitored automatically by JupiterOne.
Nathaniel Hawthorne for Jupiter One
Director of Communications, JupiterOne